Allen Iverson Tweets About Joining Memphis Grizzlies




Well I am about to begin another workout session. Agent informed me that Memphis made us an offer on yesterday. Stay tuned.7:03 AM Aug 26th from web

Memphis is a place that I would love to play. The Grizzlies have good young players with a great upside. I love the city of Memphis too.3:51 PM Aug 27th from web

I would lead by example. I could show how important it is to work hard everyday, play the game the right way, & just like it’s your last!3:57 PM Aug 27th from web

Sounds like the Memphis Grizzlies have made an offer to Allen Iverson. The Grizzlies haven’t given up on A.I. after all.

According to Suicide Lines: “The Griz made their second offer of the summer to Iverson on Tuesday, trying to lure the dynamic scorer with a one-year deal that starts at $3.5 million and is loaded with incentives. Iverson first had a one-year, $5million deal from the Grizzlies to consider. The Griz pulled that offer off the table several weeks ago, but are willing to give Iverson what they have left to spend under the NBA salary cap.”

AP: “Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace is denying that the club has made a contract offer to Allen Iverson. Iverson tweeted on Wednesday that Memphis made him a contract offer, and ESPN.com reported soon after that Wallace confirmed the guard’s claim. However, Wallace denied confirming the offer through a team spokesman on Thursday. The team does have interest in the future Hall of Famer though.”

"As much as I like A.I. I feel like he has a long way to go still. I also think that deep down inside he still has what it takes he just needs to prove not only to the world but to himself that he's still "The Answer"
-LoneWolf-

0 comments: